Holymoorside and Walton Parish Council was first established in 1935. Like all town
and parish councils it is the first tier of local government, it represents the local
community and delivers goods and services on their behalf. The council is involved
in planning, representation and the management of village amenities specifically;
• Village Hall, car park and memorial garden.
• Recreation Ground.
• Bowling green.
• Tennis courts.
• Footpaths, dog waste bins, grit bins and bus shelter.
The council is funded principally by an annual precept which is added to council
tax and collected by NEDDC. Further income is received from the hire of the village
hall and rents from the tennis courts, bowling club, recreation ground and allotments.
Holymoorside and Walton Parish Council has 10 elected councillors supported by a
parish clerk and 3 part time members of staff. Council members are elected for a
term of four years with the longest serving councillor having served for no less
than 50 consecutive years.
Councillors represent the parish at various meetings with NEDDC and other groups
and organisations and they meet with other rural parishes to discuss matters of mutual
Parish Council meetings are held on the first Tuesday in every month in the village
hall and a public forum is held before every meeting when residents are invited to
put forward any issues they would like the council to address at the meeting.
The parish council receives many consultation and information documents from sources
including local government and voluntary organisations. Members of the community
are welcome to view the documents which are fowarded to them via e-mail on a weekly
basis. The e-mail is made up of all the documents received from various sources during
that week. Please note the parish council does not affiliate itself with the content
of the documents and recipients open the documents at their own risk. To be included
mailing list the parish clerk can be contacted via the contact page on this website.